As we are entering the summer season, certainly you’ve been enjoying the great outdoors — hiking, beaches, swimming, and just breathing the wonderful summer air. While we at Hometown are proud to offer products that improve the energy efficiency of your home, it’s not just inside that we’re considering. By offering products that are manufactured in an environmentally responsible manor, we are promoting the protection of the air we breathe, the soil where we grow our food, the water we drink and in which we swim — our environment. As a Circle of Excellence dealer, we at Hometown value Andersen’s commitment to green technology and environmental responsibility.
Andersen® Corporation has a record that proves they are committed to their responsibility to that end, which is just one of the many reasons we at Hometown are proud to be a Circle of Excellence Dealer for all of Andersen’s products. Here are just a few of the recognitions and certifications Andersen has received for their efforts.
- Andersen Corporation’s environmental and energy efficiency track record demonstrates the company’s commitment to green building. Andersen has been a U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) charter member since 2002.
- The Andersen Environmental Management System (EMS) conforms to ISO 14001.
- The EPA’S Project XL has enabled Andersen to earn an XL Permit for its unique environmental performance — the first XL project in Minnesota and the 13th nationally.
- 98.5% of all manufacturing materials are used in a beneficial way.
- Andersen Corporate administrative office have earned the ENERGY STAR® label.
- Andersen was the first window and door company to become ENERGY STAR® Ally of the Year.
- Andersen is the first window company to be Green Seal certified, demonstrating a commitment to environmentally responsible manufacturing.
- Andersen has received the Star of Efficiency Award from the Alliance to Save Energy.
- Andersen Corporation strives to utilize a majority of sourced wood from certified sources for its clad wood products. (Excludes Andersen architectural, Eagle® and Renewal by Andersen products.)
- Commissioned in 2007, the Steam Generating Facility at the Andersen plant received a 2007 Environmental Initiative award. The facility uses wood by-products from manufacturing, a renewable resource, as the plant’s energy source.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) SmartWay™ Program has certified Andersen Corporation’s transportation fleet as a SmartWay™ partner. Andersen is working in collaboration to reduce air pollution, reduce emissions, improve fuel efficiency and thereby reduce the impact of freight transportation on the environment.
- Fibrex® material, a composite blend that includes reclaimed wood from Andersen manufacturing, is used increasingly in Andersen products, maximizing wood use and reducing embodied energy.
- Andersen products are audited for contribution to sustainable design. Working with Scientific Certification Systems (SCS), almost all Andersen products have a certified percentage of pre-consumer recycled content. Andersen Corporation has received Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Chain-of-Custody (COC) certification (SCS-COC-001337) for Andersen 200 and 400 Series products. They are manufactured with FSC certified pine wood-based components. Andersen products have received SCS’ Indoor Advantage Gold™ certification for indoor air quality, which meets CA section 01350 specifications.
"ENERGY STAR" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
"Indoor Advantage Gold" is a trademark of the Scientific Certification Systems, Inc.
"Andersen" and all other marks where denoted are trademarks of Andersen Corporation.
Comments are closed.